After Arnold comes Robert Turcescu, one of Romania’s iconic media figures. Turcescu is the man on the May cover of Esquire Romania; in the story he talks about the sorry state of Romanian journalism and why taking a break has suddenly become an option.
Other great stories in this issue, include:
- Looking for Cristian Mungiu. An moving article on the director’s past year, and the toll the success of 4, 3, 2 has taken on him.
- Electoral season is upon us. Esquire marks the occasion with 14 pages of mayor-centered stories and photographs.
- The Romanian Stradivarius and the violin player that brings it to life.
- A good year for climber David Neacsu.
- A funny joke told by VJ Elena.
And more good stuff. You can download the table of contents in PDF, here.