What do actor Dragos Bucur, TV and radio personality Andrei Gheorghe and Internet entrepreneur Cristian “Igu” Vasile have in common? Besides being men in today’s Romania, they are also among the stars of the fourth issue of Esquire Romania, an issue of firsts. It features our first Romanian cover — graced by Dragos Bucur (see below). It clocks in at 140 pages (more than 100 of which are packed with top-notch content). It’ll be out by December 1 (first). And it has an orange spine (trust me).
Esquire #4 is also my first glossy magazine cover story (the preview below is the opening spread). I always loved the first months on the staff of a newspaper – that slow progression towards getting your byline on A1. With magazines the joy isn’t as personal, but it’s still exciting. The story on Bucur is 10 pages long and it tells the story of a 30-year-old man who knows what he wants from his professional and personal life (as well as from the media). The photos were shot by Cosmin Bumbut.
Below are the two pages of contents. Click the thumbnails to see the larger version. For a better and closer view at the contents, download the PDF.
Other goodies in issue #4:
– Andrei Gheorghe is one mean Santa
– Malvina tells a joke
– The terrors of the Pitesti prison
– The children of the ’89 revolution
– Igu’s nostalgia and LaTrecut.ro
– Norman Mailer‘s last profile
– Radu Paraschivescu on soccer
– Halle Berry writes on Halle Berry
– and much much more (including hot drinks, the obituaries of 2007, free biblical advice, cars and the way to the elusive haircut).
* Designed by the team of Raymond Bobar and Catalina Zlotea.
PS: Seen anything you liked in Esquire? Tell us via e-mail: email@example.com